Putting The Pieces Back Together

No Comments

I must confess that Friday afternoon was a bit difficult to me. I knew that the excavation company was going to dig my trenches for the new water lines. I knew that they were going to dump sand on the property. I must confess that when I arrived on site and saw my beloved farm which has been taking shape over the past several months. My farm that the real estate listing referred to it as “undeveloped agriculture” land. My farm which I have many hours of planning and work invested in, now looked like a bomb had dropped on it. It looked like I had become a natural disaster victim. My spirit was broken on Friday afternoon.

I spent a few minutes and journaled how I was feeling. I wrote down the feelings and emotions in my journal that Gina bought for me. I then opened up my other journal and read my life verses. I read Psalms 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God”. I read Phillipians 4:13 ” I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me”. I began to feel better about my situation, so I read other verses that give me hope and strength. I then went down to the greenhouse pad and began to lay out where the greenhouse will soon stand and act as the heart of my farm next Spring.

Saturday was a new day! I picked up a dingo from Art’s rental and headed out to the farm to get the water lines in the ground. I was able to get a lot of sand moved into the trench before anyone else arrived. Gina was the first to arrive with water, soft drinks and lunch. Then our daughter and her family arrived to help wrangle sand, poly pipe, and soil.

Everyone pitched in and the work seems to have gone quickly. Lynae and Daniel worked the sand in the trenches to make sure we had at least 6″ of sand throughout the bottom of the trench. I worked to get the sand in the trench and move soil to gain access to all point in the trench.

At the end of the day we lined the bottom of the trench with at least 6″ of sand, laid our 3/4″ poly pipe, attached our unions, and our T’s. We back filled our sand with at least 6 inches of sand, then back filled our soil except where our connections were at. I still have about 2.4 hours left on the dingo and hope to get back down to the farm to finish the last few connections, get the hydrants installed and at least back fill the last of the sand before returning the dingo on Monday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *