One step closer to a functional greenhouse

No Comments

Well just as I predicted, we did not work at the farm on Saturday. We loaded up our trailer and set up at the Boone County Farmers Market at Camp Ernst Road and KY18. It was a great morning to be at the market and we sold over half of the mums we had available plus several perennials and one tropical. We did make it on Sunday, we actually made it to the farm early. We watched our Church service online and had breakfast before getting to work.

We normally wouldn’t work on a Sunday, but we unfortunately we have a time constrained to get our greenhouse build and covered before the strong winds of Fall kick up. Today was a very productive day! I was able to get the final six sections of center purlins installed. So the whole frame is done except for the last hoop which we are waiting for the manufacturer to replace. On the end of the frame you will notice all four purlins extended in the air beyond the frame. Once we receive the replacement hoop we will bolt it together and then bolt the purlins to the hoop and the frame is complete.

I’m hoping to get out to the farm tomorrow morning if it isn’t raining and get some grading done, lay the Geo fabric, then start building the end wall. We bought a complete frame which includes end walls. So I will get one wall build, so that once the replacement hoop arrives and is tied in we can build the other wall. I still want to get the greenhouse film on during the week of October 11th. I’m hoping the hoop ships and arrives as soon as possible.

Categories: Farm Update Greenhouse

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *